A Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) is a certification held by those with experience and expertise in developing, designing, and delivering safety, health, and environmental (SH&E) training.
The BCRST began accepting CRST certification applications in 2018. The CRST certification process requires individuals to meet qualification standards, including education and experience requirements, pass the CRST Examination, and stay up to date through a continuous professional development process.
Applicants to the CRST certification are individuals working in OHS at least 35% of the time, with either a foundational academic background in OHS (eg. an OHS certificate) or a background in another technical discipline or the trades. The eligibility criteria for the CRST certification have been designed to accommodate the various backgrounds that individuals may possess before arriving at a career in safety.
A CRST supports a safe working environment by maintaining OHS administrative processes, conducting training, and using a range of state-of-the-art tools, processes, and common practice solutions to OHS risks. They oversee and drive monitoring and compliance with technical and behavioral risk controls.
BCRST has a Memorandum of Understanding with NEBOSH which allows graduates of the National or International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety to apply for the CRST certification under a streamlined application process.
About P2Safety The Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) – Exam Prep:
The Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) – certification program is offered by BCRST. P2Safety is an independent training provider of CRST Exam Preparation courses online. The P2Safety preparation program is designed to provide exam-focused knowledge and practice material following the BCRSP Examination blueprint.
Preparation for the CRST exam the right way with P2Safety, the world’s number one safety certification, training, consulting, and exam preparation platform. It will enable you to put safety and health principles into practice in your organization effectively with P2Safety’s online, self-paced course. You will be able to succeed in your certification journey with the P2Safety training by completing a pre-and post-assessment.
During the development of P2Safety’s exam preparation program and products, subject-matter experts are employed who are independent of the development of certification examinations.
“Become a Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST)® to Enhance the safety of the workplace. Become more successful”
Eligibility for CRST® – BCRSP Requirements:
Individuals interested in achieving the CRST® certification must first make an application to the BCRSP. Eligibility Guidelines for the CRST Certification
The BCRSP Governing Board has approved the eligibility criteria for the CRST as follows:
Formal Education Requirement: Have completed a one-year OHS certificate program from a recognized educational institution.
Technical Practice: Have had at least twelve months of OHS work experience (at least 35% OHS duties) immediately before applying. OHS experience must be 12 months within the last 24 months as validated by the QRC.
- Formal Education Requirement: Have completed a two-year** non-OHS formal education program from a recognized educational institution (Community College or University) OR is qualified for journeyman status in a trade.
- Technical Skills Development: Have completed professional development courses or training related to the CRST Examination Blueprint competency categories before applying.
- Technical Practice: Have had a minimum of twelve months of OHS work experience (at least 35% OHS duties) immediately before applying. OHS experience must be 12 months within the last 24 months as validated by the QRC.
For more information about the CRST® designation and the requirements, please visit the BCRSP website.
P2Safety The Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST)® – Exam Preparation
Apply for CRST®) certification on BCRSP Website, use P2Safety Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST)® – Exam Preparation as your CRST study guide, and find information on the certification’s examination by using the buttons below.
P2Safety The Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST)® – Exam Preparation – Why P2Safety
In addition to providing quality services to its national and international clients, P2Safety offers value-added advisory, professional training & development, auditing, and inspection services in the areas of occupational health and safety, environment, energy, and quality.
- The pool of trainers includes CSPs, ASPs, CRSTs, CIHs, CRSPs, CMIOSHs, CFIOSHs, PMPs, and engineers
- The most economically viable market compared to the international market
- Focuses on the core concepts of safety in all blueprints and major course content
- To prepare for the big day, take a practice test (including real-time software).
- Get prompt communication by subscribing to our free emails & WhatsApp
- Assisting students until they have mastered (CRST®)
A Canadian Registered Safety Technician(CRST)
Course Presentation (PPT)
Mock Up Quiz’s